A project’s business case demonstrates that it is the best overall solution to meeting an identified need, is a justified investment and that it can be delivered. A compelling business case is essential to justify public sector funding and to secure delivery powers. Once delivered, evaluation demonstrates the extent to which the project achieved what was intended.
Our team develop business cases and undertake evaluations for transport and other projects of all scales, complexities and stages of development. We have provided expert witnesses and other support for a wide range of projects seeking delivery powers. Our insight into project funders’ requirements enables us to tailor a cost-effective approach which maximises funding success.
Recognising the uniqueness of each project, our approach to business cases and evaluation goes beyond the ‘usual’. We apply our in-depth understanding of relevant good practice, guidance, and of the principles which underpin them. This allows us to develop and apply approaches most suited to each project and its impacts. This approach has secured funding and powers for landmark projects around the globe.
How we can help you
We work closely with our clients, often within a multi-disciplinary team to maximise the project’s chance of success. We can support the public sector with securing development and delivery funding and powers and can support the private sector with applications for public sector funding, often for development supportive infrastructure. Our core offer includes:
- Business case development, assurance and assessment
- Establishing the need for intervention, including shaping and developing underlying strategic arguments
- Economic narrative development and supporting analysis including wider impacts assessment
- Market research, quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Demand, revenue and benefits forecasting
- Cost-benefit analysis and Value for Money appraisal
- Developing funding and financing options
- Funding bids
- Delivery and operating powers applications and support, including expert witness provision
- Monitoring and evaluation benefits realisation